Kate Banazi, an artist who's work I find totally amazing, posted the results of a collaboration between herself and Diego Berjon on instagram recently. I loved the image and thought it a great idea when Kate suggested stitching it. Ideally I'd have stitched the entire artwork but unfortunately time is not kind to those who do needlepoint (ie. it takes ages). Instead I stitched a small section after converting the image to pixels.
The result is interesting and has moved the original piece into an alternative space. I made 3 copies of the work, one for everyone involved. They wont be for sale as I don't really feel the work belongs to me. The process of working with the image was refreshing and I'm happy to have my version up at home.